In fact, there is fun in mapping a score ! Very soon you will have your own way. A video tutorial is available here. To start a score mapping if you just imported a PDF file, click on button, bottom right. If you’re coming from the main menu, click on “I prepare my scores”, switch to preparator mode (enable the top right switch “I am preparator”), click on “Prepare a score”, select the music work and the score in the list, and press “Map score”.
- Map in the order of the pages, from top to down and left to right
- At any time, you can add, delete and move bars, but you cannot today add or delete intermediary lines and pages
- We recommend this order : all bars, on all pages, then all letters, then repetitions, then time signatures
- Save from time to time. In between, “undo” and “redo” buttons are available
1. Identify the first stave on the first page of the first part of the piece
- The button is activated, with a colored background
- Put your finger on the screen and keep it on the screen while moving the finger till the orange line is on the top of the stave. Release the finger.
- Again put the finger on the screen, and keep it on the screen while moving till the second orange line is down the stave. Release the finger.This will define the height of the stave, which will be the default one for the next staves.
- The button is disabled, with a clear background
2. Identify the usual bars of this first stave
- In this mode, no one of the buttons in the menu bar down is activated
- Put the finger on the stave highlighted in green and keep it on the screen while moving till it is at the left limit of the first bar. Release the finger.
- Limit between blank and green is where is supposed to start the first bar
- Again put the finger on the screen, and keep it on the screen while moving till the right limit of the first bar
- The bar is now identified in blue
- Do the same for all bars of the stave
- Bar identified are colored alternatively in blue and orange. You see a number which is the bar number, that you may compare with the one written on the sheet
- If you have forgotten a bar, at anytime you can add it by a simple click
- To delete a bar, select the button “delete” and click on the bar to be deleted. Then disable the button “delete”
- If you wish to move one limit of a bar, click on it and move it while keeping the finger on the screen.
3. Identify the “multirest” bars of the stave (if applicable)
- Select on the menu bar this button . Background is colored.
- Go to the first multirest bar, and touch it the number needed. The number is incremented at each touch.
- If you have been to far, select the button “delete” (background is colored) and finger the bar you wish to correct. The number of multirest disappears. . Select the button to disable
- Do that again for each multirest of the stave
4. Identify the bars of the second stave (usual bars and multirest)
By default, the height of the next stave is proposed equal to previous stave.
- Point and keep the finger pointed till the colored horizontal zone fits with the height of the stave . Release the finger.
- Then, as for previous stave, identify the left limit of the first bar, the right limit and the right limit of the other bars of the stave.
- Identify if needed the multirest bars.
If the bar of the stave is different from previous stave :
- Activate the button , and identify this stave as you did for the first one
5. Do the same for the next staves
- Secure that you do not forget staves on the page
- Go to next page by pushing the page on the left
- Save your work from time to time
6. Identify the letters
- Activate the button
- Select in sequence the bars to be lettered, the letter is incremented
- If needed, you may delete some letters (through the button ). Caution : if you do not delete the bars in the reverse alphabetic order, you may have difficulties to key again letters
7. Identify the repetitions
- Activate this button
- Select the bar starting the repeat
- Select the bar ending the repeat
- If appropriate, select the bar for frame 1, frame 2, …
- Validate by the button OK on the left down
Caution: Current release of ChorusPlay does not handle yet more than 2 identical repetitions, repetitions included in other repetitions, dal signa and dal capo. A shortcut is possible by duplicating pages to reach the expected outcome
8. Identify the time signature
- The default proposed signature is 4/4
- On any bar, you can change the time signature by activating the button , and select the bar concerned
- Time signature is used among other for metronome work
9. Identify symbols such as Dal Segno, Coda, …
Activate the button , which will allow you to insert each of the navigation symbols existing on the sheet. Note : the application checks that the sequence of the symbols is correct before allowing you to validate. As an example, if Segno, To Coda, D.S. al Coda and Coda are on the sheet, enter each of those (in the order you wish) : OK button willl be activable only when the full sequence will be entered.
Point the first bar with such a symbol, and select the right one from the list in the window. Point then the second bar with such symbole, and select from the list applicable. Do the same with all the remaining bars concerned. When all symbols have been entered, OK button can be pressed: you can validate. For more information about those symbols, you may consult these articles: Dal Segno, Da Capo, Dal Segno (Wikipedia), Da Capo (Wikipedia). Congratulations: you are close to the end of your first “mapping”!
10. Do the same process for all the parts of your piece
A video tutorial is available here Remark : even if the original score has several voices (for example for choirs scores), you must (for now) prepare a different layer for each voice. To duplicate a score support, click on “Prepare a score”, choose the concerned score, and press “Map a new voice”. You can then name the new voice and go map it. Before saving a new layer, there is a check of consistency of the latest layer with previous ones (number of bars, places for repetitions, letters, signatures, …). If a deviation is identified, you are proposed to save temporarily your layer. You may correct the last layer, or previous ones, according to needs. Congratulations: you have now finished to prepare your first piece! You can sequence it (this link) and/or share it (this link).