When preparing materials with different recorded voices for the piece, you may get audio files which are not synchronized. The voices have been recorded with the same tempo, but the starting point are not synchronized (“synchronized” means that if you start them together, the voices are played synchronously).
ChrousPlay enables you to adjust the audio records to solve this “starting” point potential difficulty.
First, associate as usual respective audio files to respective parts.
Then, in “preparator” space, open one of the music work scores (in mode “Sequence/record”).
When selecting the button , you hear that the voices are not synchronized.
Open the audio mixer : you should see for each voice 4 different buttons
These 4 buttons have the following functions (more details in the chapter Notes)
This allows to “anticipate” the voice by one second. By pressing that button, the voice will be heard one second earlier as compared to now.
This allows to “delay” the voice by one second. By pressing that button, the voice will be heard one second later as compared to now.
This allows to “anticipate” the voice by 50 milliseconds. By pressing that button, the voice will be heard 50 ms earlier as compared to now.
This allows to “delay” the voice by 50 milliseconds. By pressing that button, the voice will be heard 50 ms later as compared to now.
We recommend the following process to get voices synchronized
- First, select the voice that you will use as “reference voice” and switch off the sound of all other voices
- Then, switch on back the sound of one voice .
- Start the listening and synchronize this voice according the reference voice. Use at the beginning and buttons if the voices are distant, then fine tune the adjustment with and buttons. In case you get lost, use the button and try again with .
- When that voice has been adjusted, switch off the sound and do the step 2 with another voice.
Keep always the same reference voice, from the start to the end of your process.
- Keep in mind to save from time to time !
- When finished and checked again everything is OK, you can then go the sequencing phase.
It may be difficult to catch what we mean by “anticipate” and “delay”.
An help could be to imagine a line for the tome, as illustrated hereunder.
Voice 2 is late as compared to reference voice, you need to anticipate itn by using the buttons and.
Opposite, voice 3 is early as compared to the reference voice, you need to de delay it by using the buttons et .
In fact, the arrows on the buttons indicate the direction in which the voice will be moved on the time line.
2 thoughts on “How to synchronize voices with ChorusPlay?”
Comments are closed.